Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yikes!

Okay. So I've been dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Web 2.0. Finally, right? I had hoped to lay low until Web 3.0 came blowing through but no such luck. :/ Currently, I am appearing monthly on a Philadelphia radio tech show and it was becoming quite apparent that I need some way for the listeners to contact me off the air. (Unfortunately, this month I was accidentally bounced off the air before I could give out my information. Ah well, there's always next month.)

So here I am. A MySpace account and, shock of shocks, a Twitter account. A Facebook account is lurking somewhere around the corner.

I had wanted to give MySpace another chance for a while now (I had always had the impression that the place was a burnt out crackhouse of poorly designed pages). So today up came the perfect answer. My page is one of the few that will remain quite tasteful and plain as it will basically be used for caller support, not impressing some random 12-year-old. As for Twitter, I resisted signing up for all the Hollywood celebrity incursion ball-shaking recently. But as someone said to me once, I technically can follow anybody I like and not follow everybody else. :) Problem solved. Right now as it stands, I am quite tempted to get back on FriendFeed (I tried it before but it held no real interest as I didn't have much to contribute to it) now that I have multiple sites to pull from. We will see.

Well, the future awaits me .... I'll be back! :P

No comments: